Our office hours for donations and services are 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Currently, we are only accepting children’s clothing (spring/summer sizes newborn – 7), diapers, wipes, formula and full-size hygiene items, as well as monetary donations. We cannot take adult clothing, cribs, mattresses, carseats, stuffed animals, playpens, bassinets or other furniture due to liability.
If you wish to donate via our amazon link, here’s what we are most in need of. https://smile.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/GYHW2LORJ14L?&sort=default&fbclid=IwAR3ZTkhyq63Fk8Lvae7y0hDoGUSv0fGlWichCP0yNhVYFZsbzbJLQ5aG3ms
If you wish to donate via PayPal, here is the direct link:
We hope you all stay safe and healthy!
The “Chicks” of CiC,
Inez & Marya
What We Do
Chicks in Crisis is a non-profit 501(C)3 organization based in Elk Grove, California offering pregnancy, parenting and adoption services. With a mission to provide love, home and family for every child, Chicks in Crisis (CiC):
- Supports more than 400 families every month and offers mothers and fathers with prenatal care, life skills training, parenting assistance, clothing, baby supplies, essential items, emergency food and legal guidance.
- Facilitates open adoption placements into loving homes across California and the United States
- Offers educational parenting classes on valuable life skills, such as pregnancy/doula workshops, job readiness workshops, cooking classes, nutrition and a variety of other topics.
- Directly reduces the number of infants facing abandonment, foster care, abuse, or even death
- Assists with court-ordered supervised visits at our beautiful Ranch or other agreed upon off-site location
Chicks in Crisis is committed to helping serve and support the young parenting community of Elk Grove, CA and the surrounding areas to ensure they finish their education, do not become dependent on the welfare system and avoid their children entering foster care. CiC recognizes their efforts as they work towards creating a bright future for themselves and for their families.
In FY 2020-2021, Chicks in Crisis served 5,070 people, distributed 100,352 diapers, 85,452 baby wipes and 22,503 cans of formula.
- 57 clients graduated from high school, college or trade school
- CiC worked with the Sacramento Police Department, the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office, the Sacramento County District Attorney, Community Against Sexual Harm, and City of Refuge to keep girls out of the sex trade or prostitution by offering alternatives, positive relationships, baby supplies, and most of all hope
- Supported families in need from all around Sacramento and the surrounding areas
Who We Are
Founded in 1997, in the garage of the “Chick in Charge”, Inez Whitlow, Chicks in Crisis is widely known throughout the Greater Sacramento area as the organization to contact for pregnant teens and young parents in crisis.
Are you pregnant, scared and considering adoption? We can help! Our birth mother advisors are standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer any questions you might have.
Our mission is to provide monthly classes and workshops that help enhance, educate and motivate the lives of all young women and men to become responsible parents.
Are you an adoptive parent searching to adopt a newborn baby? Our team of adoption professionals are here to help you create a personalized adoption plan that is right for you! For over two decades, Chicks in Crisis has been one of the premier domestic adoption facilitators in the Greater Sacramento area, specializing in both independent and collaborative agency adoptions.
Healthy Living & Healthy Environment
The Ranch is an urban oasis and a one-stop shop for at-risk foster youth. Everything on the Ranch has a new reason for life and what was a dilapidated, overrun property has been transformed into a colorful and abundant place of healing thanks to our wonderful community of volunteers!
Start your Thanksgiving off right with a family fun run!
We are always accepting donations and volunteers. Follow us on Facebook to stay informed of our current volunteer and donation needs.
Get in Touch
Chicks in Crisis
9455 E Stockton Blvd, Elk Grove, CA 95624
Send Us a Message
Copyright Chicks in Crisis 2018 – All rights reserved
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm